Free shipping from €39 | Free set-up | Easy 30-day returns
shortbassone 14 Fretless
Top | SOLID CEDAR
Side and Back | SAPELE
ROSETTA | ABALONE
KEYBOARD AND BRIDGE | ROSEWOOD
| AMPLIFICATION PIEZO SINGLE
| FINISH OPAQUE
TOTAL LENGTH | 94 CM
HARMONIC BOX LENGTH | 43 CM
VIBRATING LENGTH | 64 CM
UPPER LOBE WIDTH | 24 CM
LOWER LOBE WIDTH | 36 CM
KEYBOARD WIDTH | 5.5 CM
HARMONIC BOX DEPTH | 9,5 CM
KEYMARKS | 3, 5, 7, 9, 12, 15, 17
| KEYS 21
Strings | AQUILA CORDE ARMONICHE RED SERIES
Shortbass-One is a truly acoustic instrument, a real alternative to the double bass with the advantage of reduced sizes.
* Mother-of-pearl scoop logo instead of plastic.
* The paddle is less angled so the strings no longer lock on the keycap.
* The handle no longer has the adjustment bar. Advantages: the instrument is more balanced in weight and sounds better because the bar absorbs sound.
* Action adjustment: it is implemented by adjusting the bone to the bridge leaving the handle perfectly straight.
* The fillets have been placed around the hole and in the table profile: in addition to the aesthetic advantage, there is the technical advantage that it curbs the wear of the board edge because the wood is soft.
* The thicknesses of the soundboard structures have been optimized, significantly improving the sound compared to before.
* Innovative techniques have been adopted that avoid the risk of rhythms of the soundboard due to changes in humidity while preserving its elasticity.
All Shortbass-One models use a new type of strings specially designed by Aquila Corde Armoniche for this instrument, the red series: they are basically a mixture of elastic plastic, mixed with metallic copper powder to make the sound rich and powerful. They are designed and manufactured at our headquarters in Vicenza –Italy.